Sep 29, 2021
Happy first birthday to Neon!
The Neon platform was launched by EngineeringUK on 29 September 2020 with the aim of providing teachers with a one-stop-shop for quality assured online and offline engineering outreach experiences and resources.
Previous research from EngineeringUK showed that young people who have taken part in a STEM careers activity were three times more likely to consider a career in engineering. Since its launch, Neon has made a great impact - below are some of the key stats from the past 12 months:
- 65,000 visitors have come to the site, looking at over 220,000 pages
- 1,750 teachers and careers advisors from 1,100 schools are now registered users
- The careers resources have been downloaded over 26,000 times
- 890 teachers and careers advisors subscribed to the weekly email
Neon features a host of great content, including:
- 146 experiences from 79 STEM outreach providers
- 123 case studies
- 33 careers resources, including the most recent Engineer your future presentation
These figures only represent a portion of Neon’s success in providing engineering outreach activities to teachers and students and the next 12 months are guaranteed to be even bigger and better!
< Back to News & Media