Feb 10, 2022
We are looking for interested young people to join us as EngineeringUK Young Champions and help us evaluate and improve EngineeringUK’s programmes and activities. EngineeringUK will work with Young Champions to create solutions to business challenges and help other young people make informed choices about STEM subjects.
Young people applying should be aged 11 to 16 (or up to 18 if they have a disability or are care leavers) and live, work or study in the UK. The role will last for 12 months, and they will receive AQA accredited training and will be supported to work as part of a UK-wide team.
The Young Champions project is a partnership between young people, EngineeringUK and Participation People. Participation People are a specialist youth engagement organisation who empower young people to inform and influence decision-making.
What will Young Champions do?
The Young champions will:
- challenge the effectiveness of EngineeringUK’s programmes
- evaluate whether EngineeringUK has made the right decisions on their education programmes and activities for other young people
- receive a professional reference from a CEO
- consider and comment on how well programmes are helping ALL young people explore STEM careers
- have the opportunity to take part in local and regional media opportunities
As a team, they will work together to ask tough questions, problem solve and build their leadership, communication and teamworking skills.
Fill out the application form to apply to become a Young Champion by midnight on 31 March 2022.< Back to News & Views