Together we can make engineering careers accessible for this generation of young people
The Tomorrow’s Engineers Code will enable those in education, government and industry to work together to foster the critical engineering and technology skills needed for the UK to be a leader in innovation and improve societal and economic resilience, and environmental sustainability.
From an idea at a Year of Engineering roundtable to a code shaped by more than 100 organisations and individuals, we now have a framework to maximise impact that puts emphasis on:
• Ensuring programmes contribute to a sustained and rich STEM journey for all young people
• Ensuring all young people have opportunities to engage in engineering-inspiration activities, so that no one is left behind
• Promoting a positive, compelling and authentic view of engineering, and showcasing the breadth of opportunities
• Improving the monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities to develop a shared understanding of what works
The launch event
The Code is being launched on Thursday 15 October 2020 and will mark the start of a new approach to increase the diversity and number of young people entering engineering. Join the virtual launch event to find out what The Code is, how it’ll work and how your organisation can get involved.
Join the community
If your organisation funds, designs and/or delivers engineering-inspiration activities, become a signatory to:
• Share and build an understanding of what works
• Ensure activities are delivered to the young people that will benefit most
• Be part of a community driving up the quality of engineering-inspiration activities
Email email@example.com to find out more.